With the market flooding with the latest gizmos and gadgets like smartphones, tablet computers etc., there is a lot of speculation about the safety standards and measures that these devices come with. However, these can all be kept as a failsafe as many companies and financial institutions have thankfully come up with the option of insuring your mobile phones and smartphones. Insuring your expensive mobile against theft, loss, damages is very important. It gives you lots of benefits and helps you cover the worth and value of your expensive gizmos. Getting your phone covered for general insurance can be easy but what if you dropped your phone from ceiling height and it happen to crack your phone’s screen. Moreover, if that expensive phone is an iPhone, then what? Well, read on for how to get cracked screen insurance for your iPhone.
First question that would arise in anyone’s mind would be: is cracked screen insurance for iPhone valid? Does it even exist? The obvious answer is yes! A lot of mobile carrier companies like Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile provide iPhone buyers and users with insurance for their mobile phones. These insurances are usually having a premium charge that users have to pay per month. With this, their mobile phone is covered for most of the damages. In case an iPhone has a cracked screen, then the iPhone insurance cover will help in replacing the entire piece with a new one.
There are various aspects one needs to know and understand in order to be able to rightfully claim their iPhone insurance. They are:
- In case of cracked screen insurance, the replacement of the entire phone happens but over the phone. Not in the Apple Store.
- To authenticate the user, there are few automated questions that one needs to answer before one gets connected to a representative over the phone.
- There is a limit of up to two phones on the insurance cover.
- The phone along with its battery has to be returned to in the shipped-package while the other peripherals can be kept with you.
- If any deductable is applicable, it will be charged in your next month’s billing cycle.
- It takes very less number of days to get the new phone delivered if all the documentations are well in place.
- Make sure that you delete the information (all, if possible) before handing over the phone to the insurance people.
- Also make sure that you have kept your SIM card intact with you to use it in your new phone.
- Most of the network carriers like AT&T send users a set of instructions which will enable them to return their broken phones.
So, the next time you have a cracked mobile screen, have no worries as the insurance well covers it. But, of course, be sure to insure your phone well in advance to claim the benefits from insurance.
This post is by Sachin. He loves to write posts on gadgets, insurance, finance, travel, health, etc. He has also written many posts on Cracked Screen Insurance for iPhones. If you are an iPhone user then it is important for you to get your iPhone insured so as to have a protective cover and use your gadget tension free.